Terms and Conditions
Information we collect from you
In General. Information that we collect from you, either online or by telephone, can generally be categorized as either anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that is not identified with a specific individual, such as the type of browser being used and what web pages have been accessed. Personally identifiable information (“personal information”) is information that you provide to us that is uniquely associated with you, such as but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, user name and passwords. Unless we specifically tell you we are doing so, we do not associate the anonymous information we collect with your personal information. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in Canada, the United States and other countries around the world. Regardless of where your personal information may be kept, it will be protected by the safeguards described in this Policy.
How we use the information we collect
In general. By utilizing services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as follows:
to deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others, including giving you the opportunity to provide feedback;
- display content and advertising tailored to your interests;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests, sweepstakes and discounts you have participated in or received;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If you have indicated an interest in receiving information from Score Hockey Range, either by opting in at the time you purchased products or services or otherwise in connection with your management of your Score Hockey Range account, we may use your information to communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or, with your consent, from third parties. Regardless of how we use your personal information it will be protected by the safeguards described in this policy.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our website or through our retail outlets, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to facilitate your transactions with our third party marketing partners, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as may be reasonably needed to manage our business in connection with your transaction (for example, to identify you at the box office if you are picking up tickets, to facilitate refunds, for audit purposes, etc.).
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions.
Please review “Your choices about collection and use of your information” below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to open a Score Hockey Range account; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, or a survey; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by clicking on Score Hockey Range and following the instructions to manage your e-mail alerts. When you provide your email address on our website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about promotions or special offers from Score Hockey Range or from third parties to whom we send your information. You may modify your choices with regard to receiving communications from Score Hockey Range at any time in yourScore Hockey Range account. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. Please note that changing information in your Score Hockey Range account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from Score Hockey Range If we have already provided your information to another third party with your consent before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party. Moreover, please understand that in the event you elect to opt-out of providing your personal information or permitting us to share it with third parties, and later accept an offer from one of our third party marketing partners, we will share your personal information with that specific third party.
- You will not have the ability to opt-out of receiving transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as event cancellations and other service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys relating to purchases (although your participation in a survey is completely voluntary).
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or anonymous information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except with your consent and in the following situations:
- Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. We require all of our service providers to comply with the safeguards described in this policy.
- Business partners. With your consent, we may also share your personal information with businesses with which we partner to offer you products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes through our website or our services. If you are interested in these offers, the business partners will be identified to you at the time you purchase or decide to participate in an offer or program being offered through them. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address, billing and other information relevant to the offer or program to that merchant. These businesses may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you want to learn about a particular merchant’s privacy policies, or you do not want to receive communications from a particular merchant, then you must contact that merchant directly. Your personal information is only provided to those businesses whose offers you elect to participate in and not to other businesses advertising on our website.
Other Situations. By using our services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In response to legal requirements, including in response to a subpoena, a court order, or a request from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; and to defend against legal claims.
- As reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or our employees, including investigations or preventative actions regarding suspected illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing, to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies, and to protect Score Hockey Range and other visitors to the website or users of services or products provided by Score Hockey Range.
How you can access your information
If you have a Score Hockey Range account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
If you have an online account with us, you also may choose to close your account at any time by contacting Score Hockey Range customer service or by doing so in your profile following the instructions. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our website or access any of your personal information. You have ninety days to reactivate your account before complete closure. However, you can open a new account at any time after the complete closure.
If you close your Score Hockey Range account, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our web site or our users, or take other actions permitted by law. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to other third parties with your consent, the use and retention of that information will be subject to those third parties’ policies. Score Hockey Range has implemented a retention policy to prevent personal information from being retained for a period that is longer than reasonably necessary to deliver the products and/or services purchased using Score Hockey Range services.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only to the extent such access is required for permitted business functions. We require our authorized service providers to protect your personal information in a similar fashion. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. We communicate your personal information to event providers and authorized service providers using secure connections.
Although we take appropriate security measures as required by law, no security is perfect. Users should always take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. For information about how to protect your personal information, please refer to the resources from any of the following websites:
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (http://www.privcom.gc.ca/)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta (http://www.oipc.ab.ca/home/ )
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia (http://www.oipc.bc.ca/sector_private/public_info/index.htm)
- Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec (http://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/index-en.html)
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. Anyone under the age of 18 does not have access to create an account on our website.
Where we store your information
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer a “cookie” (a small, unique identifier text file) or series of cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your email address provided and the name on your Score Hockey Range account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as pixel tags, web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. A web beacon is a small file placed on a web page that allows a website to perform various tasks, including count users who have viewed that page or to access cookies. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, or other activities.
Anonymous and aggregated information. We may combine anonymous information and/or aggregate information we collect with additional anonymous information collected from other sources. We may share anonymous information (including aggregate information) we collect regarding our users with third parties (such as advisors, advertisers and investors) for various business purposes including developing and delivering targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties, conducting general business analysis, and developing website content and services.
How to contact us
3320 – 9 Street SE